Monday, May 9, 2011

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...




This weekend we put the finishing touches - well, for the time being anyway - on Mini-HORNET in preparation for moving her to US Fleet Forces Command later today. As usual, we're pushing hard to meet a deadline, and calling in every ounce of support we can muster. Today, that means asking our base of support at USFFC to stay after work to help unpack and set her up. Yeah... I'm going to need you to come in on Sunday... too.


Deduct two points if you don't know what movie that's from. Deduct TEN points if you also work at USFF. If you actually thought I was asking you to come in on Saturday, don't cry, call me and I'll come give you a hug. Back on topic.


While a handful of volunteers from USFF have been instrumental in building Mini-HORNET and getting it ready, most of our support base have only heard 'sea stories' about just how big it is. I think we're really going to knock their socks off when they see it. And for those members of the general public who aren't able to get on base to see our little masterpiece, be patient - she'll undoubtedly make the rounds this year as we start ramping up the USS HORNET Project.


NNNN

No comments: