Friday, August 13, 2010

FULLBORE FRIDAY - pure awesomeness!


Today is Friday the 13th - traditionally my lucky day. Seriously. I always have the best of luck on these days. Might have something to do with the original Friday the 13th was only bad luck for the Templars, but good for the King.
.
BT
.
This week, I am taking plagiarism to a whole new level - not only do I call my Friday entries Fullbore Friday, after the practice of my favorite navy blogger - but today I am stealing his content too. Well, sort of. Today's video is this one (yes there's a link here) entitled "the US Navy of 1915". It is possibly one of the coolest snapshots of everyday naval history on film. Of course, my particular favorite comes around in the last minute or so of the film, when the racing crew of USS WYOMING shows up in their beautiful 32-foot racing cutter. But other points of interest are early S-class submarines, flush-deck destroyers, the presidential yacht Mayflower as well as many many other great platforms and details.
.
Enjoy.
.
BT
.
The Dockyard will be closed next week while I take a vacation. I'm going to upstate New York to play with my dinghy.
.
NNNN

No comments: