Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011! Let's have a meeting!


Well, after a long and, if I do say so myself, well deserved hiatus, we're back in business. Of course this doesn't mean I wasn't working away in the Dockyard, it just means I haven't been telling you about it.

First things first. The Board of Directors has called a rare in person meeting on January 22-23 in Avon, NC (yes, that's the Outer Banks). The agenda is slammed and should be very interesting, with several new projects (including one HUGE new program) topping off an endless laundry list of housekeeping items. The meeting has been opened to anyone who wants to go, though only the Board members themselves will be voting. But there are many NHS and non-NHS types whose input is much appreciated, and you're most welcome at the proceedings. Send me an email if you want to go and need information and directions.

BT

Next, the Lofting Bay is occupied by parts for one of the new programs. No, I won't go into detail but it's lots of fun to walk out and see all of our shops filled to capacity, with four boats in the yard under tents etc. Everything has been surviving the weather admirably, and with the exception of dealing with Snowmageddon 2010 (which wasn't all THAT bad) everything has been rather quiet so far. I anticipate starting up Wednesday night working sessions again soon, with the stipulation that all volunteers keep mum about the new material until the projects are made public. I'll put those notices out on Facebook - I don't think it'll be this week but it should happen next Wednesday.

SO, lots going on. But with limited time to write at the moment, I'll jump back on and outline the plan of attack for 2011 later tonight.

NNNN

No comments: