Thursday, January 20, 2011

It has begun!


Starting this morning with a brief meeting in Downtown Norfolk, I'm officially in high gear administration mode. With another meeting tomorrow in DC, the board meeting this weekend in the Outer Banks and a trip to Erie PA next week, I'm putting aside the hand tools and sawdust and moving into executive mode.
.
I have to say, this isn't my favorite place to be - after all the woodchips, they call to me. But its always exciting when you meet new contributors and work to bring people and organizations together. After all, as 501(c)3 charities isn't that what we're supposed to do?

This Organization is organized exclusively for educational purposes, including, for such proposes, the making of contributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.

We're all supposed to work together - public trust and all that. I take this roll very seriously - I think I said that at least four times in my meeting this morning - and I have to say that in the current prevailing "every man for himself" non-profit environment it is refreshing to meet others who see this in the same way.

BT

I have at least five emails recieved since yesterday inquiring about the board meeting and how to get there. Sorry folks, if you aren't already on the band wagon it is probably too late. Carpools are formed, rooms are booked up and space is limited. If there is anyone who feels left out I appologize but I'm simply too busy with everything to focus on making sure you're checking your NHS updates. I'll fill you in on the flip side. In the meantime, if you have any critical points you'd like to make please fire it off in an email and include a number where we can contact you during the meeting. If we discuss it, I'm sure someone will rise to support getting you on the phone to hear your opinions.

BT

I probably won't be writing tomorrow, as my travel plans don't include typing while driving. But for those of you who are totally in the dark regarding what we're up to, check back on Monday for the synopsis and extended commentary. It should be an interesting week, to say the least.

NNNN

No comments: