Yesterday we recieved confirmation of a new exhibition for Mini-HORNET - our promotional 1:12 scale mock-up of the historic sloop of war. She won't be travelling far - in fact she's staying in Norfolk, but I want to bring her back to the Dockyard for some upgrades. What are we going to do? Here's a possible work list (it's not final) -
- construction of boats and associated equipment.
- overhaul of companionway structures.
- rigging of carronades and addition of implements, etc.
- flags and flag halyards - 15-star national ensign, Hornet's "free trade and sailors' rights!" battle flag, first navy jack, flags representing principle supporters/donors and affiliates
- striping of the forward faces of all sails.
- re-manufacture of the mizzen royal and fore topsail.
- installation of proper belaying pins vice plain rods.
We'll see how much of that we actually get done - I get the feeling she'll continue to be a work in progress.